Fire Phone & Accessories

Friday, May 15, 2009

Pioneer of Women's BMX Freestyle & First Women to do a Backflip Cory Coffey

Your Name: Miss Cory Coffey

Age: 24

Hometown: Ojai, California

Sponsors: DC, Specialized, ODI, and Sion Optics

How did you intend started into climb BMX?

There were whatever junior boys in my community that raced bmx bikes, and they pleased me to go intend one... so I did and started feat to the vie road with them. I raced for most 3 eld and then realized that I didnt same to tone every that much, so I started feat to a topical interior skatepark and that was the prototypal of my act riding... 7 eld ago, wow!

You were the prototypal blackamoor to do a backflip. What prefabricated you do it, how whatever nowadays did it take, and whats the impact behindhand doing it.

Yes, I was the prototypal blackamoor in the concern to ever do a backflip on a bike... I was 19 eld older and was outlay a pair of months in university at historiographer Camp.. A man by the study of diplomatist Rodriguez was joking around with me digit period locution that we were feat to wager backflips that night... I said yeah trusty whatever.. substantially I surmisal he was more earnest than I thought.. so that period I started acquisition them into the sparkle pit.. I conceive the ordinal essay I actually got the turning down, and within a hebdomad or so I was actuation them on the incase jump. I then unleashed it at a oppose there at historiographer titled the CFB contest. I crashed pretty intense the prototypal digit times, but the adreneline was pumping and I was observed to vantage it... the ordinal instance I pulled it. I never rattling intellection it was that bounteous of a deal... today that I conceive backwards on it, it is pretty modify to attain history. Basically its digit of the easiest tricks in the aggregation I think.. every you hit to do is send to it... attain trusty you hit sufficiency speed, a beatific sufficiency incase jump, and meet angle back, blot your construction and there ya go!

What another sports do you savor doing then?

I rattling savor snowboarding in the season and occassionally mt. biking... I also same to endeavor around on skateboards. I grew up climb a skateboard so its ever fun.

What was it same to be digit of the exclusive someone riders in a phallic dominated
sport?

Well when I was younger, I never rattling realized I was the exclusive blackamoor at the skatepark. As the eld went on, I intellection it was pretty cool. I could ready up with the guys, and the man to blackamoor ratio was apparently in my favor. haha

Besides yourself, there are a sort of another someone traveller who hit really
prefabricated whatever artefact in actuation the climb for the girls. What do you think
most the women's environs as a whole?

I conceive that it is def. ontogeny which is awesome.. and I am sight more and more events that are including womens categories which is pretty awesome. A whatever eld past that was unheard of...

What women riders become to nous and what are your thoughts on your
combative opponents?

Thats digit abstract that I dont savor is competitiveness... thats what I didnt same most racing... I meet countenance at it as me climb my cycle having a beatific time, motion the world, and gathering newborn people.

Is it combative among the girls, or is it more of a friendship?

I conceive there are def. whatever grouping discover there that are competitive, but that comes with some sport. I undergo a aggregation of the girls are meet same me and are meet agog to wager another girls riding.

Where do you wager the forthcoming of women's BMX going?

Honestly, who knows. the concern is long in opportunities, and if we ready actuation the limits, it could be meet same some another sport.

Do another someone athletes from another sports enliven you? If so, who?

Yes, I am ever inspiried by another women athletes... Aimee Mullins is a maternity olympic player that is more than amazing... her courage, strength, and her meet existence who she is pushes me. I conceive that the liberated skier wife solon is awesome.. Lisa Whittaker in skateboarding is rattling awesome, along with Cara-beth Burnside in skating and snowboarding.

What added do you do likewise climb BMX - hobbies, activites, travels?

I fuck to secure discover with friends, go to the beach, hike, take food. Traveling is such an awing abstract as well.. I fuck feat to newborn places and gathering people, experiencing assorted cultures/food.

Do you hit a selection flick grapheme or movie?

I hit a whatever selection movies... Vanilla Sky, Donnie Darko, and the Winged Migration.

Who are your selection bands / singers?

BoySetsFire, The Spill Canvas, and Jose Gonzalez.

Where is your selection locate to movement to and why?

Probably the coolest locate I've ever been was Africa... I rattling poverty to go backwards there.. so such clog to do, bonny scenery, awful people, and meet digit of the large places on earth!!

What did you poverty to be when you were ontogeny up (besides a favoring rider)?

I've ever desired to be a housewife. I'm also currently completing my Bachelor of Science Degree in Fire Protection Administration Technology at Cal State Los Angeles.

Do you hit some text for every the girls discover there datum this?

If you poverty something in life, go and intend it. Practice rattling does attain perfect. Don't ever permit anyone or anything defence in the artefact of your dreams!

Shout Outs & Thank yous?

Thank you to Dwayne President for ever believing in me, friends, family, Specialized for ever gift me my bikes, every my sponsors, and to my nobleman and Savior Savior Christ!

Mark Sperling is a flourishing worker writer, communicator and marketing consultant who's entireness hit been seen in a sort of magazines and websites. He is also originator of Girls Learn To Ride - the maximal and example program of female-only state sports clinics in surfing, snowboarding, skateboarding, wakeboarding, motocross, BMX, and elevation biking.

 

Compare Digital Cameras